Providing opportunities to access training, information, education, supporting children and young people, providing family events/activities, opportunities to volunteer, someone who parents can confide in and enable them to get the support they need, whether it be professional support or just someone to listen and work with them and their children to improve their wellbeing, quality of life and creating better outcomes for their children.
In order to achieve this, we work with other services and agencies that include social housing providers, food banks, Councillors, Children’s Centres, Liverpool Targeted Services, local schools, Community Health Ambassadors, Garston Lifestyle Centre, Can Cook…
We have been able to offer support and Advice and Guidance signposting our most vulnerable families for additional support and expertise in the below areas:
- Mental Health Support referring to CAMHS, YPAS, KOOTH for young people and their families.
- Courses have been delivered for adults and volunteers this past year.
- Introduction to Youth Work.
- Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Basic Food Hygiene.
- Food Hampers.
- Food Vouchers to families.
- Worked alongside Registered Social Landlords to deliver information and help to our families and their residents.
- Worked with Food Banks to pick up food for the vulnerable members of our community.
- Sign posted families to CAB and other organisatiions that could help with debt manage-ment.
- Created CVs with young people and their family members.
- Offering a listening ear to some of our young parents.
- Summer family breakfast mornings.
- Assisted local mums in organising Play street event.