I started to come to the venny with my child for her to play and now I regularly help out. I know the staff have their hands full much of the time, with the number of children and young people that attend and I enjoy being able to help where and whenever I can. I feel, valued and have something to contribute no matter how small.
DEFINITIONS OF A VOLUNTEER
A volunteer is someone who gives their time, energy, knowledge and skills freely for the benefit of others in the community. Reasons for volunteering are varied and voluntary work offers a partnership between volunteer and organisation, whereby, the Volunteer is supported and encouraged to access opportunities for personal and professional development:
- The volunteer’s contribution enhances the delivery of our service.
- Volunteers should not be used to substitute or take the responsibilities of a paid member of staff.
- Volunteers should complement the work of Garston Adventure Playground, working alongside paid workers.
WHY DO PEOPLE VOLUNTEER
People volunteer for a variety of reasons:
- Work experience
- A challenge
- A sense of achievement
- To learn new skills
- Share their skills and knowledge
- Improve the quality of peoples’ lives
- Contribute towards the community
- Opportunities for personal development/growth
- Make new friends
RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION
Garston Adventure Playground are always looking for people/volunteers who are keen to work with children/young people in a play activities role. We are also seeking people who are interested in volunteering in the following areas:
DRIVERS, GARDENERS, COMMUNITY GROUPS, FUNDRAISERS, GENERAL MAINTENANCE
All volunteer posts are subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS) and suitable references being obtained.
Please complete the expression of interest form if your interested in becoming a volunteer at Garston Adventure Playground: